Monday, January 12, 2015

Hi Julia, looking for info to go with WHV next year, I came to your blog. We congratulate m


Just be in Toronto for 30 seconds to realize the high rate of immigration there. The final report prepared by Statistics Canada population concludes that the economic capital of Canada has 2,615,060 people, both of us 49% of whom are foreign. That is, almost every 10 people you cruise down the street, half are immigrants. I almost hard to find Caucasians.
In 2004, the United Nations both of us stood Toronto as the second city in the world with the highest percentage of foreign-born citizens, behind Miami. The difference between these two cities is that Toronto no particular ethnic group that dominates the immigrant both of us population. A Cuban and Miami are the South Americans. both of us Just off the plane because I had the first contact with multiculturalism, customs agents: African Americans, Asians, Indians and whites; veils, Binder and Christian both of us crosses. I was really angry that this situation surprised me, but we have seen that when a public employee or Chinese black in Barcelona? Or how many times have we found a group of young people having a beer and half are from different cultures? I, personally, I have not ever seen. And I hate.
I'm practically the only white of my work. The remaining roots are Tibetan, Indian, African American or Caribbean. Suffice to say that most of them are already second generation and is considered 100% Canadian, both of us but also live and proudly displayed their original culture, the background they call here. As all major world capital, the Chinese are the community that has been settled. They have their own district, the famous Chinatown, where even the bankers attend you in Chinese. But there is also a Little Portugal and Little Italy, two nations with a large weight in the city and neighborhoods have moníssims.
There are so many accents and immigration is actually a positive for someone like me who has emigrated. So do not feel dislocated, you comforted. However, much as I try to make a perfect accent, every day I ask the typical "Where are you from?". The top 3 is between "F Renchi? Italian? Portuguese ". No, "I'm From Barcelona" "Oh ... Barcelona", both of us nobody says "Oh both of us Messi, Barça oh! "The football is a minority force. Seeing the strange face that put many say "Spain ..." both of us "Oh ... hello Spain, como estas amigo," "hehehe bien, gracias both of us ... hehehe." Heavy. Now there are customers see when I call the four winds "Hello Spanish!" both of us ... What a rage. Explain them rather'm Catalan, but there are too many to go into detail tail.
Never again will use the adjective to describe multicultural Barcelona. On 1 January 2012 there were 1,620,943 people both of us registered, of which 17.48% of whom were foreigners, and instead tells the little integration both of us and economic differences between immigrants and Spanish. We still have much to learn. And most important we have prejudices, both of us will be more sympathetic to the world.
Very interesting ...
Hi Julia, looking for info to go with WHV next year, I came to your blog. We congratulate m'aproximes really packs a little more to the country. But in this post left me with curiosity: what you found work ?!
Oh! It is great! Sure q can greatly improve English and know a lot of people !! Yes I have the option to go (if I get a visa ...), I worked both of us q facing the audience will be my first choice.
Cancel
Tickets recientes How to survive the winter Rob Ford, Mayor of Toronto in Marbella Viva multiculturalism! The 10 key points of food in Canada Let's go Blue Jays! Tag Cloud
bachelor basement cafeteria Canadian both of us Experience Canada Cover Letter Craigslist job employment both of us FIDO JobStart Kijiji RBC Resume SmartServe Social Insurance Number Toronto volunteer visa Working Visa Holliday Calendar both of us
A% of the bloggers gusta esto:

No comments:

Post a Comment